Tuesday 2 September 2008

Why some things are on my 101 list

53) Make up and keep animal diary.

This is because some of our animals, particularly the reptiles, can be off their food at certain times, like when they are due to shed or lay eggs etc. The point of this diary is so we can monitor exactly who is doing what rather than just scribbling notes or telling one another. It will log who eats what, who has had their bath and who was cleaned out on what day.

49) Have a monthly games night with no TV

This isn’t quite as easy as it sounds. We love games nights in our house with everyone having a favourite choice of game. However many of these games involve the TV. Like the “scene it” games, we have Harry Potter (my favourite because I usually win), Disney, and Friends to name but a few.

12) Do a spending check

I think it’s about time I took back control of my finances. We have a reasonable income, but there never seems to be anything to show for it. I need to know exactly where all my husband’s hard earned pennies are going!! (I should perhaps point out that it’s not anything that he is doing as according to the statements it’s nearly always my card that spends the money!)

39) Listen to all my vinyl singles

It occurred to me that perhaps some of you reading this may not actually know what a vinyl single is! They are round black flat things, usually about 7inches across, that actually play music. They’re a kind of prehistoric CD. In my young days, (doesn’t feel that long ago but Banana tells me it’s ancient) this is what we played when we wanted to listen to music. I have about 300 and haven’t listened to them in years. Who knows what delights I will find lurking Adam Ant, Status Quo, Orange juice and if you’ve never heard of any of these people ask your Mum and Dad!!!!!

No comments: