Friday 12 September 2008

Viynl Mania..........

I am really enjoying this trip down memory lane with my old viynl singles. Many have not stood this test of time. I think OMG what on earth was I thinking but then wait 20 years and my daughters will no doubt be cringing at the squeaky "Alvin and the Chipmonks" style music that they listen to. (God I'm definately getting old!) I know each generation is different but what is this stuff, you can't really dance to it. It's more like just flinging your arms about in the air. Whatever! Here are today's "dance tunes"!!

  1. Altered Images - Don't talk to me about love/Last goodbye
  2. Altered Images - Bring me closer/surprise me
  3. Laurie Anderson - O Superman/Walk the dog
  4. Aneka - Little Lady/Chasing dreams
  5. Angry Anderson - Suddenly/Falling

No 5 was of course the theme from Scott & Charlene's Wedding in the Aussie soap "Neighbours" If I remember correctly, this record reached No1 in the British top 40 chart. So I wasn't the only dweeb who bought it. Perhaps I'm more sad though as I still have it!!!

Off to find some shoulder pads and do some 1980's dancing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I remember the Angry Anderson song - from the golden era of Neighbours!

I have the Altered Images song 'Don't talk to me about love' on my ipod from an 80's compilation CD I used to play all the time - When I was a bit younger I used to spend a lot of my time at 80's nights and in the 80's Rooms at nightclubs!

Must go dig out some of my 80's music!