Monday 8 September 2008

Ridicule is Nothing to be Scared of........

Biggest news No21 Couch to 5k challenge has begun. (YYAAAHH WOOP WOOP!) Am very pleased with myself. Holly and I went on Friday for our first run.

Should point out that I didn't actually run but as per instructions did brisk walking. Old ticker was going, and I was huffing and puffing like a goodo. Loved every minute of it though. Holly kept running ahead of me then coming back. I didn't want her feeling as though she hadn't worked out at all. Come Saturday I could hardly move my legs, but was fine by Sunday. I will be doing another brisk walk today, but sadly on my own as Holly is working.

No39 Listen to all my vinyl singles. This has also begun in earnest with the 1st 5 being
  1. ABBA - The Name of the Game/I Wonder (Departure)
  2. ABBA - Under Attack/You Owe Me One
  3. AC/DC - Touch Too Much/Shot Down in Flames (live)
  4. ADAM & THE ANTS - Prince Charming/Christian D'or
  5. ADAM & THE ANTS - Zerox/Whip in My Valise

Who doesn't love a bit of ABBA. We recently went to see the sing-a-long version of Mamma Mia it was fab and such a laugh. AC/DC was a bit more Babes taste although I do like them, particularly this track, if only I still had long hair for headbanging. Then again I don't want to dislodge something in my cranium and I'd probably fall over now anyway.(hee hee)

With No39 comes, No43 Dance to at least one song every day. Really brought back the days of school discos with "Prince Charming". Of course my uneducated children try to tell me I'm just copying the Pimm's advert. How little they know.....

No45 Eat at the table every night. We used to always do this and it's just in the few months since my Mum died that it changed. Just a further sign of Chaos spreading throughout the house I think. However we are back at the table every night. We all prefer this as it gives us more time to hear about everyone's day.

No51 Watch all our Box set DVDs. As previously stated watched 3 movies as I did my mountainous ironing yesterday. The first 3 in the first Box set "Agatha Christie Collection" these are the old B&W ones starring Margaret Rutherford as Miss Jane Marple. Interestingly Joan Hickson who plays Miss Marple in many productions in later life has a part in the first movie "Murder She Said" but as a Housekeeper.

Finally No50 Go to the Cinema once every week. Went with Babes to see "Babylon AD" Very strange but then Vin Diesel is in it so I don't care. Good storyline but seemed to end rather abruptly with some questions left unanswered. Still worth a visit, if only to see Vin in nothing but a bath towel Mmmmmm. And for the fellas there's plenty of shooting, fisticuffs and blowing shit up to entertain you.

No comments: