Thursday 18 September 2008

How Much is That Doggie in the Window........

Today I start daily tracking on my money. How much I spend on what and where. I want to see exactly where the little dribs and drabs go so I can change the overall expenditure. I will not be stopping shopping or doing without, however I will be attempting to reduce expenditure where possible. By shopping wiser and cheaper I hope to improve my spending habits thereby reducing my debts.

Today I dropped Babes off at work. This was because he was running late(not organised in time) but it means I have wasted petrol and added to my carbon footprint. Babes drives a bus therefore gets free bus travel. If we had been organised he could have left on time and got on a bus to work, and I would not have had to use the car.

On my way back from dropping him off I went in past "Iceland" and bought a Weight Watchers ready meal, and some bread and salad. The bread is a necessity although I should have gone to "ASDA" where I could have bought it cheaper, but the WW ready meal was an unnecessary purchase. I had food at home to eat, I just didn't want to waste time preparing it. The salad although delicious was dearer than I would normally pay. It will not be wasted in anyway but isn't it funny how eventually it all comes down to organisation and planning.

When I did my weekly shop if I had bought more bread at the cheaper price I could have put it in the freezer. We all know all fuller freezer is more economical to run. If I had done better menu planning I wouldn't have needed to buy a ready meal I would have had the ingredients all ready to go, perhaps even cooked.

My quick pop in to the shop cost me £4.30; not major finance but it could have been spent wiser. It is my hope that daily tracking will show up patterns, patterns that can be changed.

So I'm off to find the knitting needles and prepare to knit a new financial me!!!!!

No comments: