Sunday 14 September 2008

More explanations....

More ramblings on why things are on my 101 list. No93 Walk up all the steps of the Wallace Monument.

When I was a kid I used to holiday every year, in a wee village called Dunnipace. We nearly always went for a trip to the Wallace Monument at Stirling http://www.nationalwallacemonument.com/

Back then I could run up and down the steps no bother. If I recall there are 237 steps (however I could be remembering this with rose tinted glasses).

The last time we went to the monument (about 7 years ago) I was knackered just walking up the steep path to the bottom of the monument and couldn’t attempt the stairs.
So this challenge entails me reaching the monument (without the aid of the minibus for the infirm) and climbing the steps.

An oxygen canister is not allowed, nor is setting up base camp. I will attempt a solo climb and will not be put off by the children running gaily past me, laughing at my lobster face and asking “Why is that lady crawling on all fours Mummy?”


80) Learn to blog

I thought this would be probably the first task I achieved; (wrong) apparently I’m not quite there yet. My niece is helping me to get started, but I’d better learn pretty quickly otherwise she’ll lose patience with me. I am never off the phone or email asking for help. She probably wishes she’d never told me about the 101 in 1001 challenge. Then again she is a sweetie and very good to her poor old Aunt (grovel, grovel, creep, creep, Love ya Holly)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definatly know how you feel with the learning how to blog!! Some days I just can't figure things out - but I think your doing an awesome job!!!

Anonymous said...

Me Again - I have a new blog - you can get to by clicking on my name here...like my previous comment - im still learning how to blog too - unfortunatly I really messed up the last one...not quite sure what I did!

oh boy!