Wednesday 3 September 2008

My positives list

The idea of this list is to remind me, when I’m feeling down or discouraged, of 10 real positives in my life.

1) I have married my soul mate, (corny I know). We have been together since we were teenagers, and he’s my best friend, soul mate and husband all rolled into one.

2) I have three wonderful, healthy children whom I love to bits. Two are young adults and one is still at school. They don’t cause me any worries with drink or drugs.

3) I have a house full of animals who never fail to make me smile with their antics.


These are our boys l-r Hamish, Bubba and Zazu

4) I am in close contact my brother and his family, and we all get on! A major bonus in today’s society. I also see my Aunt and cousin regularly. My Dad lives 600 miles away but we speak most days on the phone. Although my Mum died recently she was always an inspiration to me, her loving presence will always be felt in our family.

5) I have a nice house (although chaotic) but it’s dry, warm and secure so really I have nothing to complain about.

6) Our income is sufficient enough to afford us some small luxuries in life although I could spend it more wisely.

7) I have a group of close friends whom I have known since childhood and I’ve been privileged to watch their families grow. We keep in contact through phone and email but also meet up when we can for girlies nights.

8) I can look back on most of my life with fondness. I was fortunate enough to have a happy, fun childhood.

9) I have never had to live in a war zone, been persecuted for my religious beliefs or been unable to express an opinion without fear of retribution. I have clean safe drinking water on tap and food is readily available and affordable.

10) I have the capability and the means to effect changes in my life to improve it physically, mentally and aesthetically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi & Welcome to Blog Land!

Listing positives is an excellent idea - it's so easy to focus on negatives.

I look forward to reading more entries on you blog x