Tuesday 2 September 2008

How I chose my blog name

Whilst researching 101 in 1001, I came across a link to mylifemakeoverjourney
I was impressed by her CHAOS acronym, “Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome” and have slightly adapted it to get my blog name. CHAOTIC – “Can’t Have Anyone Over Till I Clean”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not yet in the need of Aggie and Kim’s services but I could certainly do with taking a few pages out of Anthea Turner’s book “How to be a perfect Housewife”
ISBN0753512858 published March 07

I have always prided myself on being organised at work so why can’t I do it at home? I think the little shoe elves (or more likely my kids) sneak out at night and mess up the place. I seem to be forever saying – it was tidy yesterday, or I just cleaned that. I dread the doorbell going as I know I will have to say "please excuse the mess". My family and close friends know I am not a good housewife but I hope they feel I make up for it in other ways. (Please say I have some redeeming qualities guys!)

They are still my friends and do still come and visit so I can’t be that bad. However, my chaotic days are behind me (I hope) and a new housewife is just bursting to get out of me (she will need a bit of coaxing though) so I do ask for all the encouragement you can give her. I think I’d better go now and dust off the dusters ready for use. Now where did I put that Hoover?

No comments: