Tuesday 18 August 2009

My baby's all grown up!

Mouse and Peanut (napkin still in bed lazy moo)

My baby has gone off this morning, to the big school, leaving her Mum blubbing over her morning cuppa. I can hardly believe that my youngest is starting the Academy. I was camera mad snapping heaps of photos to remind her of her first day. She told me to stop behaving like a paparazzi (charming!)
I'm happy, sad, excited and terrified all at once. Can't wait for her to get home to hear all about her day. She is so excited and went off quite the thing with her brother, who was going to walk with her part of the way, before he heads off to work. There are 2 kids from her old primary in her class (one boy and one girl) so she does know somebody, but she made a couple of friends during the induction day so is looking forward to meeting them again too. (even if she can't remember their names)

She wanted to wear her Grandma's necklace though so her Grandma would be with her (so a bit nervous perhaps) Funny when I'm nervous about going somewhere I wear my Mum's rings on a chain (she had slender fingers unlike my fat sausages) round my neck so I have her with me too.

No comments: