Thursday 20 August 2009

Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Edinburgh Castle during the 2008 Military Tattoo
Today we are off to see the Tattoo. It's the second time we've been and I'm really looking forward to it. I really love the skirl of the pipes and the massed pipes and drums makes me swell with patriotic pride.

This year's programme look to be spectacular with the Swiss Drum Corps being one of my most anticipated acts. The Chinese troupe "She Hou" should also be outstanding. The weather forecast is not fab so I'm hoping it will be dry during the performance. We will however be taking black bags to use as capes if the heavens should open. Tonight's performance has a firework display after it and there is supposed to be a fly past as the RAF are taking a big part in this years Tattoo.

All in all I can't wait, and I will be taking extra batteries this year as last year the camera ran out before the end of the display (I was not a happy bunny as I had suggested to Babes that we should take spares and he said it would be fine!!)

I will leave you with a quick clip from last years Tattoo although I apologise for the quality of the video. The sound quality doesn't do it justice either.

No comments: