Friday 21 August 2009

Copycat

I am such a copycat, can't see green cheese. Was reading apow's blog and she was posting about "Postcrossing" where you send postcards to random people all over the world. Anyway I've gone and copied her and joined up to. You're allowed to send up to 5 cards on your first go so I was given (the site selects the addresses for you to send your postcards to) Netherlands, USA, Spain, Germany and Taiwan.

Cards are now dutifully sent and I await with much excitement the email to say my cards have been received by the recipients.

It wasn't easy to find postcards locally though (meaning my local post office) They had postcards but they weren't pictures of Aberdeen they were pictures of Braemar and Ballater and even from the Highlands. Now I know some people may not know where Aberdeen is in Scotland but I can assure you it is miles from any of these places.

Our lovely post office manager (Catherine) kindly arranged for some to come from the other post office that the owners have, but although they are pictures of Aberdeen, they're old scenes and not very interesting ones. I have sent them, but will have to seek out better ones for future use.

2 comments:

apieceofwood said...

What a helpful post office!! Glad you joined up...

Chaotic Kerri said...

I've been dreaming all night about postcards. Getting in a panic because I couldn't find any. The postman arriving with a sack of postcards telling me I have to reply to them all in 2 days. What am I like honestly!! Am really excited though about where my first card will come from. What about you?