Sunday 16 August 2009

I am Sober!

Yes, I was quite merry after only 2 drinks but it was Cointreau (which is 40% proof). I really enjoyed them though (possibly more so after my month of only water) It was quite funny, I was sitting quietly enjoying my drink and reading my book (Key lime Pie Murder) whilst Babes was watching a movie, I got up to go get a tissue and I actually wobbled (and not just my flabby bits). What a lightweight.
GGOM had made me laugh with his comment about his wife having to undress him last time he got hammered, and it reminded me there is a photo of me taken after my 23rd birthday party where I'm lying passed out drunk still in my coat and clutching a chicken drumstick to my chest. Not a pretty sight but the kids think its hilarious. (May just scan and post it, give you all a laugh!)
Have finished reading another 2 books, I'm flying through them at the moment. "Key Lime Pie Murder" by Joanne Fluke; a good, if a bit predictable, murder mystery but with the added bonus of delicious cookie recipes. Made my mouth water frequently (not a good look, drooling whilst reading!). It's part of a whole series of books based on a woman who owns her own bakery and solves murders in her spare time. Seems a bit "Midsummer Murders" in that the small village has a very high murder rate but the characters are fun and it was an easy read. Will definitely look out for more in the series when I'm back at the library.
Also read "Murder Most Fab" by Julian Clary. Not sure about this one. He's a very descriptive writer and I could visualise the characters really easily and the story was full of twists and turns with lots of showbiz name dropping and luvvies. The main character is gay and the story is based on his life through 4 stages. When he is young and living with his mother, a left over flower power child (damaged, it would appear, from too many highs). His time as a rent boy and them becoming a famous TV star and finally his fall from grace, I found it an easy read but I'm undecided if I like it or not.

No comments: