Saturday 1 August 2009

Computer Games

Just to even the books, this is a post probably more suited to men.

I do not like computer games!. Don't get me wrong I've tried them. When Babes got his "PlayStation" and ventured in to the world of "Spyro the Dragon" I was intrigued, joined in the fun and had a go. The fact that the kids and Babes kept laughing their heads off at my efforts (it really does work much better if you move your whole body and not just the control when you want the dragon to turn or jump!) did little to further my interest in the game so I gave up.

When he got a "Gameboy Advance" I played "Tetris" for about a week then again lost interest. I had decided it was not for me this world of technology it's a man's and young peoples area of expertise.

When the "Colin Macrae Rally" games came out I watched intently for maybe 3 days as they (Babes and Peanut) raced each other in various cars and I even watched for a couple of hours when they battled it out in "Lord of the Rings" but on the whole they bore me. I cannot see the point in spending your time repeating tasks/levels over and over again to entertain. The most I ever do is very occasionally play "Sudoku" on my phone if I'm waiting in the car to pick someone up and even then, only if I haven't got a book.

So, when Babes said I've downloaded this game for you on to the computer I grudgingly said (as cheerfully as I could muster, giving the ongoing saga of my previous post) I would have a go. It's called "Jewel Quest II". Well now I'm bloody furious at him as I'm hooked on the damn thing.

The first night I played it, I was up to 4.30a.m. (I know, I can't believe it myself) playing the bloody thing. It's like I sit down at the computer to do the banking or blogging or research and it's there, calling to me (kerri, Kerri ,KERRI you know you want me). Imagine being hooked how pathetic am I, but I can't walk away, I MUST complete it.

Since today is such a wash out here, and I've done my morning chores, I'm going on again. The kids are all occupied, Babes is blowing shit up on his "X Box" and the dogs are resting after their morning romp. If I can just complete the sodding thing I can forget about it and leave it alone.

Right now though, I'm like a moth to a flame, "I can't help it, the light is just so pretty" If I'm not back blogging within a week, send out the search parties (or perhaps the Dustbuster) as I will be stuck in the computer chair with my hands glued to the mouse (computer one, not my daughter)eyes propped open with matchsticks, covered in cobwebs. Kx

4 comments:

apieceofwood said...

Oh Kerri... you made me laugh so much with this one.. try Scrabble on facebook, I'm addicted to that... And My Beloved spends his life saving the world on his X-box.. Apparently his country needs him(or so he tells me!)

Caroline said...

Funnily enough, I've just scheduled a post to go up later with a similar theme. I have GOT to stop playing those bloody Facebook games!!!!

GGOM said...

get yourself an xBox and a Call of Duty game and you will never sleep again

Chaotic Kerri said...

GGOM - Babes has that already, and "Medal of Honour" and "Bad Company". It's obviously a guy thing as they all look and sound the same to me.
APOW - yeah It must be a condition that comes with the XBox, Your Country Needs You!
Caroline - Thankfully I haven't mastered Facebook yet so no temptation there