Monday 20 July 2009

This weeks menu

Mon - Pasta Salad (although different veg this week)
Tues - Chicken Nuggets
Wed - Toad in the Hole
Thur - Tuna Pie
Fri - Sweet & Sour Chicken

Not a very exciting menu this week but there's a lot of stuff going on during the day so wanted stuff that would be quick.

Having finished my last book in 2 days started last night to read "Wish I may" by Justine Picardie, sadly I just couldn't get in to it. I read the first chapter but had to give up as it just couldn't hold me. I am now reading "You want to do what?" by Karen Sullivan.

Its a guide to parenting dilemmas. Mouse was looking through it and when she came across the question "When should you allow a lock on your child's bedroom door?" she was spouting forth the answer stressing the bits she thought were in her favour (she wants one because her sister Napkin has one, but Napkin only has one to keep Mouse from raiding her clothes and make up) then when she came to the bottom bit that said: If they want a lock they have to take responsibility for the changing of their bed, the washing of their clothes and keeping the room tidy, she went quiet and said lets see what other questions there are! (Ha ha ha) It's amazing how the thought of any chores puts her off the idea. She really is allergic to the word "TIDY"

Think it will be a good read, I'm 100 pages in already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that book, found it very funny but a really good realy that I imagine would be very helpful when dealing with kids. Lots of parents don't really know what to do about the random demands and so just give in.