Thursday 23 July 2009

101 in progress

No.19 Visit an extended family member. Went yesterday to visit another of my Mum's cousins. She lives in Maud a teeny village about 25 miles north west of Aberdeen. We had another gorgeous day for driving and the countryside was just beautiful.

She made us a lovely lunch of summer holiday soup (N061. try a new food every month) served with oatcakes and fresh raspberries with yogurt. Delicious. She grows her own veg (though in much smaller quantities now she's in her 70's) and gave me some peas in the pod, they were oh so sweet and juicy. She also gave me some to take home to Babes (they're his favourite) and I did just manage to resist the temptation to scoff them on the way home.
"Summer holiday soup" is a vegetable soup made with carrot, onion, parsnip, broccoli, leek and courgette all whizzed up in the blender. It was really yummy and I will be trying to make it myself very soon.
Got some seeds from her purple lupin for my garden. Lupins are my favourite flower and I adore all the different colours. In my ideal garden I would have loads of lupins running like a rainbow up the sides of my path.

No comments: