Monday 13 July 2009

101 Movies

Yesterday, Shopaholly, Mouse and I went to see "My sister's keeper"based on the book by Jodi Piccoult. A very difficult subject to cover and I feel they did it well, certainly the young actress playing Katie was amazing.

I really enjoyed the movie, although it is definitely a chick flick and there was crying involved (several people were actually sobbing, noisy toads). There only seemed to be 1 guy in (with his other half or whatever) that I saw, and he left when it got to the really weepy bits and I never saw him come back in (was it too much for him I wonder!)

Now I won't spoil it for anyone, but if you've read the book don't expect it to be the same. I haven't read the book but Shopaholly had and she was disappointed with the changes made. Also Mouse who is 12 found it quite slow, even though she really fancied it and other young cinema goers seemed to be quite fidgety as well, so perhaps not one to take pre-teens to. If you haven't seen it, give it a go but make sure you take a hankie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm dying to see this. Read the book and just loved it, and Cameron Diaz is one of my favourite actresses.