Sunday 19 July 2009

Catch up

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, but it's been hectic. On Friday I went to see Harry Potter (again!) with Napkin. She really enjoyed it and although I did too, I must admit every time I see it I think about more things that have been missed out. I know they couldn't include everything (the movie would be twice as long) but as I said before there does seem to be some vital stuff missing. Anyway had a lovely one on one day with Napkin.

Saturday, we met my Dad for lunch at the local Sainsbugs. They do really nice simple food and it's easy for us all to get to. It was really nice all being together (except Peanut but more on him later). Spent a lovely afternoon finishing reading my book "Dr No" by Ian Fleming, whilst my Dad and Babes slept. Having seen the film Dr No many times but never got round to reading the book, I was engrossed. I quite enjoy 007 novels, not just the ones by Fleming but also ones written by other authors in the same style as Fleming after his death. John Gardner in particular, my Dad gave me one of his to read when I was hospitalised during my pregnancy with Peanut, which I loved.
Mouse was having a sleepover with a friend at ours so it was a very noisy and late night, with fashion parades, make up studios and face packs galore. I eventually fell asleep the back of 2a.m. leaving them settled but still chatting endlessly. Oh to be 12 again (not bloody likely).
Peanut couldn't join us for lunch as he had an appointment to get another tattoo. He has 6 now. (I have still to get my first, it's on my 101 list) His latest is the Alien/Predator Hybrid. I will post a picture once it settles down in a couple of days. My favourite though, is his face hugger alien.

Having finished my James Bond in the afternoon I started a new book at bedtime. The School for Husbands by Wendy Holden. It is brilliant, I couldn't put it down and having fed and watered the girls when they eventually got up this morning, I sat and read till I finished it. What a great read. The things the husbands have to do is so funny. Couldn't see my Babes doing it though, not that I'd want him too. Still that's me up to 8/101 books so am very happy. Water only going well too, up to 7/31 now.

2 comments:

GGOM said...

If he likes Giger, get him to check out this - I would love to go.

http://www.hrgiger.com/barmuseum.htm

Chaotic Kerri said...

Thanks, it looks really cool. Well worth a visit.