Thursday 16 July 2009

101 progress

No19. Visit an extended family member. Today, I took my Aunt and we drove out to visit my Mum's cousins in New Deer. They became grandparents for the first time 8 months ago and, shame on me, I've never been to see the baby. What a cutie pie almost made me broody again.

Anyway it was a lovely drive out and the weather was nice the whole time we were there. It was super to catch up on whats been happening with them. We had a lovely lunch of maccarroni. It's so easy for families to loose touch especially if there's a generation gap. I'm really glad I made this one of my 101 challenges as it will strenghthen the ties and get us all close again.

Also called in past my brother on our way home. It was lovely to see the changes he has made to his home. The garden patch, that Shopaholly posted about digging earlier in the year, is now full of lovely fresh vegetables. I am hoping we will get a taste of his potatoes when they are ready. Babes and I envy them there lovely garden, and are setting about working out where in our garden we could plant veg for next season.

No35. Write 101 real paper letters - wrote my first 1 today to an old family friend in Blantyre. Haven't seen her in a couple of years although we do occasionly phone each other. It was so nice to write all the news and ask about her family. I look forward to receiving her letter in return.

Nearly fell by the wayside and had a cup of tea but remembered in the nick of time and had hot water instead, so now 4 days completed.

No comments: