Tuesday 21 July 2009

National Health Service

Hats off to the NHS. My family have been in dire need of their services in the last 24 hours and they came up trumps for them.

Saga (at least that's what it feels like) started last night (or rather early hours of this morning) got a phone call at 1a.m. from my Aunt, feeling really bad could I come and get her.
She suffers badly with her nerves and she has been having a terrible time the last three weeks. We've had her down staying with us overnight (she doesn't arrive till the wee small hours mind you) and we've gone up and stayed the night with her. NHS 24 have been consulted a couple of times and our own surgery. Anyway as I say, she arrived last night and it was about 4a.m. before we got it sorted and her settled. Thankfully today the Doc has agreed that (as I suspected) she is depressed and has started her on some medication.

Secondly I got a phone call at 7.30a.m. from my Dad to say he's had a really bad night and is getting the Doctor in. He also had to call on NHS 24 over the weekend and once again they sorted him out. Anyway he phoned back later to say he was very breathless and was being admitted to hospital they were just awaiting the ambulance.

Whilst I'm waiting to here which ward he is being admitted to, (so I can go see what's happening) my Mother-in- law phoned to say that my father-in-law had also had a couple of funny turns and she was having to get the doctor in to him.

Upshot of it all - my Dad has had a mild heart attack (more of a warning than anything else) and Babes' Dad has to have a heart monitor test. (the one where you have to wear the monitor for a 24 hour period so they can check your reading when you're active and at rest). I have only had about 4 hours sleep and am now running on automatic pilot.

So big thanks to the NHS, they were there for us and they sorted everyone out. Good on you guys, you frequently get stick but I just wanted to say you do a grand job!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like you're having a right old time of it. Hope everybody's feeling better soon x

GGOM said...

bloody hell, nightmare - unplug the phone tonight!

Chaotic Kerri said...

Thanks guys - things seem to have calmed down now thank goodness