Tuesday 7 July 2009

More 101...Menu planning

N052. Set up menu planning and stick to it - I do this more or less all the time now, but as this is a month for concentrating on my 101 list, I am going to carry on doing it till the end of the month and then if I'm still sticking to it I'll mark it as completed. So just to give you an idea of the kind of menus in our house here is this weeks one:

Sat - Pork chops with new potatoes and green beans.
Sun - Chicken breasts with a chopped tomato, pepper and chili marinade, mashed potatoes peas
and carrots.
Mon - Tuna and cheese salad with new potatoes and hard boiled eggs (no meat Monday)
Tue - Pork with apricots served on a bed of rice.
Wed - Tuna pie with peas and mixed beans.
Thu - Pasta salad.
Fri - Spag bol (babes favourite meal)

Saw Night at the Museum 2 at the cinema yesterday, making my movie challenge (11/101) very funny if you haven't seen it, do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am intrigued by tuna pie - sounds yummy! Spag bol is my other half's fave, too!

Chaotic Kerri said...

Tuna pie - get casserole dish an put 1 or 2 tins(depends on how many you're feeding)of drained tuna in the bottom, cover with white sauce (sometimes I use a tin of condensed white soup for a change of flavour) cover with mashed potatoes and cook Gas 4 for 20/25 mins. When I was able to eat cheese I sprinkled grated cheese on top of the mash before cooking. Have also used crushed crisps and sliced tomato on top of mash.
My mum used to bulk it up by adding a layer of vegetables (peas, carrots, broccoli for example) or even a layer of sliced hard boiled egg on top of the tuna.

Anonymous said...

Yum - sounds like a good one to me - think I'll be trying this very soon. Thanks for recipe, Kerri x