Saturday 11 July 2009

Blind Panic!

Today I went to meet a friend for coffee ( no I did not succumb, I ordered hot water), we went to the library so we could get books out too (and I could return the smelly one I borrowed earlier in the week) We took my car as we were going on for lunch afterwards.

Anyway we parked in a local underground pay & display car park and off we went to the library. So we've had our beverages and a fruit scone and chatted for ages catching up and putting the world to right, then we went to choose our books. We're now standing at the checking out bit and I say "hope we haven't been more than an hour" and suddenly it hits us both , we were so busy chatting that we walked out of the car park neither paying or displaying.

OMG the fear that consumed me was unbelievable. The car park operates a £60 fine system if you fail to pay and display. We couldn't get back to the car quick enough and my heart was racing. Thank God when we got to the car there was no clamp and no huge sticker stuck over the windscreen or a horrible little package on the wiper. I couldn't get the door unlocked I was in such a state, only when we had left the car park did my blind panic begin to subdue.

I don't know how people can deliberately choose not pay in these car parks, I think I would have a dizzy turn if I tried it judging by today's reaction. So obviously, my life of crime is not going to take off!!! I still can't believe we did it and that we got away with it. My Mum must have been looking down on me today. Certainly Babes would have killed me if I'd have got a huge fine.

No comments: