Thursday 2 July 2009

More 101......

No31. Organise my garden - Having neglected the garden for the last year and a bit it looks bloody awful. Overgrown and in serious need of TLC, I made a start today with the help of Peanut. Our front garden is quite long and has two big lawn areas with the path running down the middle, and borders around the edges. The grass has only been cut twice so far this season so beautiful yellow flowers (OK weeds) have sprouted up everywhere. Peanut started with the mower and after only one line/strip the mower started smoking (poor bloody thing giving up in protest I shouldn't wonder).
He is now going round with the strimmer in order to cut down the really long bits so we can rake it up and then try the mower again. Fingers crossed, I can't afford a new mower at the moment and may have to investigate hiring goats/sheep/cows to maintain my lawn. I'm sure the neighbours will love this, NOT, at least we'd get free manure for the roses.

No comments: