Friday 25 September 2009

Pea soup from a chicken........

Anyone else remember that advert for stock cubes or was it just a Scottish one. There were a whole series of them I think. The wife was called Elspeth I think and there was something to do with a hen night and Tom Jones' "What's new pussycat" but I remember the tag line Pea and ham from a chicken , now that's clever!

Anyway enough of this rubbish, I just wanted to post that I'd made pea soup on Wednesday night and it was delicious - 2 ham stock cubes and a bag of frozen peas what could be simpler.

Got a call yesterday to go for an interview for a job I applied for ages ago. Interview went well so hopefully I'll be successful. It's only 10 hours a week in my local shop but it's something.

3 comments:

apieceofwood said...

Have everything crossed for you CK...

GGOM said...

cool, hope you get the job. Was it just literally peas and stock cubes? BTW I don't remember the advert!

Chaotic Kerri said...

Talking to others either I'm too old, or it was only shown in Scotland - I'm going with the latter!! - and yes it's that easy boil your water add ham stock cubes add bag of frozen peas, bring back to boil, then cool slightly and whizz with a blender to serve. If you want to jazz it up you can add bacon bits before you whizz it.

For a variation use veg stock cubes and mint leaves to make minted pea soup and after you've whizzed it you can stir in a swirl of cream for added luxury.