Sunday 6 September 2009

No52: Become an Elder at my Church

Another 101 goal completed. Today I am being ordained as an Elder. I am really nervous and can't quite believe it's happening. My best friends think it's hilarious that I'm becoming "respectable" in my old age. (none of them are churchie people)

As I've posted before my Church is important to me but I'm not one to be shoving my beliefs down other peoples throats. My Babes. although a member of the Church (he joined when we got married), is not interested in going to Church and that's fine with me as long as he doesn't mind that I go, which he doesn't.

For the last 3 weeks they've read out an edict about the new elders (there's 3 of us) being ordained, inviting anyone with any objections to bring it to the attention of the Kirk Session. I keep waiting for someone to jump up and shout NO! to my name. (perhaps I should wait till after the ceremony to post just in case!!)

Today is also our 23rd Wedding Anniversary but I will post about that when I come home.

No comments: