Monday 14 September 2009

Books read

Have been feeling run down this last few days. My body has decided to reject most of what I eat and drink at an alarming rate! enough said. It has given me time to catch up on some reading though, as I haven't managed to venture out of the house.

I finished reading "Octopussy and the Living Daylights" by Ian Fleming. It took me ages despite being such short stories. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it, I just kept falling asleep after 1 or 2 pages. Not as good a read as "Dr No" but I did enjoy it.

Also read "The five people you meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. What a book, I couldn't put it down. Apow said it was one of her favourite books and it's definitely joining my top ten list. If you haven't read it do. It is wonderful.

Poor Napkin was let down really badly by some so called friends this week. I never really liked them but it's her choice who her friends are. Just makes me want to scoop her up and shut out all the pain. (also makes me want to go throttle the little f****** but I will restrain myself). Big time TLC is called for - which in her case, the solution is a bowl of Bernard Matthews Mini Kiev's (bleugh), but sometimes processed muck is needed.

Personally my favourite comfort food is "McVities digestives" spread with "Philadelphia Cheese" (light of course). What is your favourite comfort food?

No comments: