Sunday 7 June 2009

I want to be Green

I am trying to be more green, Eco-friendly and all round good egg to the planet but finding a lot of confusing stuff out there. Ideally I would like to have solar panels and our own wind turbine but that's not feasible or affordable at this present time. We are doing all the usual changing to low energy bulbs, recycling, turning off lights, turning down thermostats and switching off all plugs that we can but I feel I would like to/could be doing more.

Can anyone suggest any really good books/websites I can check for practical advice. I know a lot of you use greener products but am unsure where best to get them from or which ones are best for the environment. Any tips/hints/advice would be most welcome.

2 comments:

apieceofwood said...

Blog coming up this week about a great green website.

Plus on my blogroll - the blog green as a thistle is well worth a read - but go back to the beginning and read if you have a few hous - it's inspirational...

Chaotic Kerri said...

Thanks, went back to the beginning and have made my way through 6 months so far plus her june 09 stuff. Very good read and very helpful. looking forward to your blog.