Friday 22 January 2010

Just a sharp scratch..........

Napkin had to have blood tests, she has been very lethargic and her eating patterns are funny.
Now I know Napkin's is 18 but she's never had a blood test before and she wanted me with her.

She has her blood taken ("it was bloody sore" she says) and we go to leave the building. Suddenly Nurse appears "sorry but I need to take more blood". "Why" I ask. "Oh there is more than one test to be done" (Why didn't she read the chit in the first place) but never mind these things happen, so off Napkin goes to give more blood.

Well, good grief 4 holes later (3 of which are in the back of her hand) Nurse has finally gotten her blood and poor Napkin's arm is numb. To make matters worse whilst Nurse is chatting away to Napkin it transpires that they have an acquaintance in common. Nurse then proceeds to talk about a surgery this person has had that, as far as Napkin is aware nobody (including Napkin) knew anything about. Confidentiality!!!!!!

OK it wasn't a sex change op or anything weird but that's besides the point.

1 comment:

apieceofwood said...

I totally sympathise.. i hate blood tests.. luckily they tell me I have veins like drains.. but still...