Tuesday 26 May 2009

My 101 list

I started my 101 list on 1/9/2008 which means I have until 30/5/2011 to complete my tasks. I have already done some but I intend to change some now. I did say I could change up to 10 of my goals so here are the changes

No.2 Finish diploma & get on staff development programme. I am changing this one as I have completed part of my diploma and have qualified although not as a staff nurse. I will not be returning to uni in the very near future so it seemed sensible to remove this one.

No.19 Go swimming (2 a week) - due to council cutbacks (miserable gits) most of the pools in town have been closed or are being used solely for swimming lessons. Finances do not allow for gym membership just now so until finances improve to allow this it's coming of the list.

No.34 Read all the books in my bookcase - on closer examination of my bookcase there are 5 dictionaries and various Star Wars manuals belonging to Peanut plus several children's encyclopedias and atlases - I know I love to read but that's pushing it a bit, also
No.35 Read the top 101 books on the BBC's Big Read Chart - There are some books on the list (such as War and Peace and some Dickens novels) that frankly I'd rather watch paint dry than read so will combine both of these to make a new reading challenge by reading 101 books of my choice.

No. 57 Teach my 2 daughters to cook (1 night each a week) - am changing this only slightly as due to their busy social schedules (why do kids have better social diaries than their parents ?) this has to be changed to 1 daughter each alternated weekend.
and finally......
No.101 change no more than 10 things on the 101 list unless to increase amounts - I have decided this should be a rule for my list rather than a challenge - which means I can choose another new one to add to the list.

Will post new challenges once I have decided what they will be - suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

apieceofwood said...

Lol at the thought of you reading an enclopedia!