Monday 10 November 2008

Fab Food bad plates.................

Not long back from the Chinese Restaurant. As always had a fab meal. We go probably once a month so the staff know us. We were having a great time then when I went to get my plate for my next course (It's a buffet place and the plates are stacked on warming racks ) I picked up my plate only to find it was roasting hot and I nearly threw it on the floor. I managed to put it on the table and picked it up again using a wad of napkins.

I wasn't the only one to get a roasting either. Others were picking up plates and throwing them hot potato style from hand to hand then copying my napkin trick. We told the manager and having checked he switched off the plate warmer.

When I got back to the table my hand was still stinging and on examination I found I had actually received a nasty burn on my hand, The staff very kindly gave me some ice cubes which I wrapped in tissue and held in my palm. It was still smarting by the end of the meal but at least there was no blister. I am left with a small red blotch on my hand but no permanent damage thank god.

I'm off for a quick nap before my brother arrives so that I'll be fit to share the driving.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

they should have offered you a free go next time! I love Chinese, we have a big buffet place near us but we never go often enough, usually for a birthday treat etc.

Sharon J said...

I agree with Grumpy regarding the 'free go' and I can't help wondering why they didn't wrap the ice cubes in a tea towel or similar rather than just give them to you bare. Still, glad to know there was no real damage done and we all know that accidents happen without anybody really being to blame.

Chaotic Kerri said...

GGOM - They did give us vouchers for a free lunch for one but you get them everytime anyway.
SJ - They gave me napkins to wrap them in Sharon. Not ideal but it did the job.

Anonymous said...

wake up!!