Thursday 2 October 2008

Supernanny where are you?.......

Mouse is having a hard time just now. Not at school thank goodness but at home her temper tantrums have been horrendous. We have always done the reward system with the kids but lately it's not working and sometimes I just have to walk away.

We tried the naughty step tonight and after a screaming match and twice walking away she finally calmed down. I don't really like this method but I may have to resort to it for a while till my daughter gets past this phase.

I know she is just playing up just now because she is feeling insecure after the death of her Grandmother but we can not let her think that this sort of behaviour is acceptable no matter what the siuation. We give her lots of cuddles, one on one time and praise her often but when she kicks off the whole world knows about it. Any other parents got any advice on how to deal with this.

5 comments:

HJ said...

She only walked away twice? That's nothing compared to the horror that was on Supernanny this week!!

I'll come round and moan at her for not brushing her hair!

Anonymous said...

I suggest boarding school - not for you but for Mouse. What harm can it do apart from making her withdraw from society, scar her for life and hate her parents!

Anonymous said...

How old is she? I remember my teens and when I look back I was horrible some times!

Anonymous said...

oooh poor you! Hope it gets better soon!

I love your 101 things list! Pure brilliance!

Chaotic Kerri said...

Thanks guys, Its nice to have support. She is off ill today bless her and snuffling about the place. Can't I go to boarding school instead GGOM. Then again to be 11 again. No thanks hard enough first time round.

She has been much better since the step incident. She feels she is "too old to be put to a naughty step, that is for 5 year olds"

I simply stated if you behave like a 5 year old you will continue going to the naughty step, so for now I am winning the battle! BTW Holly we are now brushing our hair everyday!! (That's Mouse folks not me!!!)