Monday 6 October 2008

My Kingdom for a car....

Now before I get pounced on for being bad to the environment and reminded of how many people manage without cars, I just want a little moan well actually a big one. Our car is off the road and will be most of this month. No problem we decided to do it so thats all good.

However, the deal was that I would walk or bus everywhere but when I needed any big shopping, Peanut would take me in his car or, when it was my turn for the choir run I would borrow his car. Still sounding good!.

Why oh why then did Peanut crash his car and put it off the road!!!. I am not being a heartless Mother, I made sure he was OK first, then that no one else was hurt. Then I went ballistic. Why do young drivers think they know it all. He was driving in the rain and took a corner too fast, skidded, spun out and hit a wall. No damage done to the wall but the wheels are wrecked on the drivers side and the bodywork dented a bit.

Like I said I can walk and bus but what about the big stuff. Thanks to my niece (not Holly but her equally kind and talented sister Rhea who drives) I got my dog food picked up and delivered. Obviously with 3 dogs we buy in bulk and its kinda hard to take a 25kg bag on crowded busses.

For everything else I am reduced to shopping at my local spar (not that there's anything wrong with Spar but it's not friendly to my budget) What's more I'm going to have to help bail Peanut out as he cannot afford to buy wheels and tyres in the same week. So right now I'm being ungreen and sulking.

I WANT MY CAR BACK!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have a car either (permanently though, as we live in the city we don't really need one) but grocery shopping is really the worst part. We either have to shop in the local small shops (read: expensive), or treck for about a mile to the big Morrisons with the nanna shopping trolley (which I'm not averse to, but it's awful when it's raining). As a result we do a lot of shopping online. It gets delivered to the front door and is so nice and easy. You should check it out.

Chaotic Kerri said...

Think I may have to if Peanuts car is off the road for long.

Anonymous said...

I was in an accident a couple of years ago and we were without out a car for about 6 weeks - I was offered a courtesy car but I couldn't face driving a different car as I was too nervous. Food shopping really was the worst part of not having the car.

Could you try online shopping?

Sharon J said...

Online shopping is the way to go for you right now, I think.

My mum has to do her big shop on a daily basis because she can't carry much on buses. Every morning she goes to Morrison's to get some bits and pieces and carries them home. What a bind!