Sunday 11 October 2009

Recovering.....

Not from my birthday celebrations, but from another bloody bout of cold/flu/sore throat stuff. I seem to be getting more than my fair share this year, think I better get some extra vitamins inside me.

I have been miserable all week, missing out on 2 meetings, a meal with a friend, a trip to the pictures and a friends 80's theme 40th birthday party which I was really looking forward to. It's the busiest my social calendar has been in ages and I missed the lot.

However I am not going to moan on heaps, I have managed to read 2 books this week, both Joanne Fluke murder mysteries. I really enjoy them, they are an easy read with believable characters and a good amount of suspects to keep me guessing for a bit. I usually do figure out who the killer is early on but then I tend to do that with most mysteries.

Also had heaps of postcards this week and some letters from my new found pen pals in Finland, Germany, and America. They really cheered me up.

Thanks to GGOM by the way, for posting about sky player, after a bit of palaver have managed to download some of the episodes from Season 4 of Bones that I missed. Enjoyed opener of Season 5 too, so glad to have it back. What about True Blood folks? - I'm still undecided will give it a couple of weeks. Don't think I'm going to enjoy the new Stargate Universe though, I found it a bit too confusing, however it could just be because I was poorly so will give it another chance too.

Saw a quirky little movie this week too from Lovefilm called "Is anybody there" with Michael Caine. It's about a young boy who lives with his parents in a old peoples home and how disconnected they all are. Cue Michael Caine as a new but reluctant resident who befriends the little boy and tries to bring some life into the place. It was endearing, funny, sad and at times painful but worth the watch. Babes even enjoyed it and I didn't think it would be his type of film at all.

1 comment:

GGOM said...

hows the cold maturing? Still alive?